Friday, March 7

Behold the cuteness.

A little while ago, I was commissioned to write a song for third-graders to sing about a New York City landmark. Since I'd never been, I chose the Empire State Building, and used the gig as an excuse to go up to the top for the first time.

The song ended up as something like:

Elevator, up, up, up!
Faster, faster, yup yup yup!
Higher, higher, dizzy, dizzy
To the top of New York City!

You get the idea.

Yesterday I got a big, fat envelope in the mail, stuffed with drawings the kids made for me to say thanks.

Behold the cuteness.



2 Comments:

Blogger David G said...

She licked the song! That's so cute, from an 8-year-old. Might be more depressing if she were older.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

This totally made me throw up in my mouth it's so cute. Also, I will refer to you only as Mr. Gwon in the future, and underline your name in all correspondence.

And lick your songs.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home