Friday, February 15

Mandate of the Man Date.

I think I've missed a memo somewhere, re: man dates.

Rewind about a month ago. I went on a date with a dude I met on New Years. We went to dinner, and afterwards, he announced that he was going to go grocery shopping. So, I said, goodnight, and a-grocery shopping he went.

The next day I happened to see my friend through whom I met the dude.

"Oh, yeah," she said. "It was a cue. You were supposed to go grocery shopping with him. [Emphasis mine.] He was confused."

Quoi?

I told this little episode to my friend Lanna, who gets a kick out of the Stunning Failures of the guys I date.

"I was supposed to go grocery shopping with him?" I asked.

"Red flag," snorted Lanna. "Red flag."

Fast-forward to the present. Met a guy for coffee, and when we were through, he said he was going to Best Buy, and did I want to come with.

"Sure," I said, having some time to kill.

We went to Best Buy and played Nintendo together.

So, apparently guys like to share mundane retail experiences with one another. Who knew.

Next time I'm out with a guy, I'll bring along that towel rack I've been meaning to return to Bed, Bath & Beyond.

I mean, a return must be, like, second base.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home