Friday, January 25

Questions for Carrie.

I've been watching a lot of TBS lately, because holy mother of God there are a lot of shitty shows on TV in the midst of this writers' strike. TBS airs only two shows and airs them over and over and over again: "Family Guy" and "Sex and the City."

Fine by me.

I like "Sex and the City." I don't have HBO, so I haven't really seen any of the full, filthy, premium cable episodes. But on TBS, it's a pleasant diversion. I do, however, have several questions for Carrie Bradshaw.

1) When Carrie goes out on a good date, the guy always walks her back to her apartment. Quoth the real-life New York dater: Come again? One of the most awkward things about dating in New York is, in my experience, that dates inevitably end at some sort of public transportation depot. In 6 years of post-college dating, I've only been walked back to my apartment (not counting the they're-already-invited-up scenarios) twice. Am I just dating the lazy ones?

2) When Carrie goes out on a bad date, the date usually ends with a Snappy Remark and a Dramatic Exit. My bad dates usually end with a Patronizing Hug. Does my life need zippier writing?

3) Carrie spends a lot of money on designer clothing and wears said clothing Out on the Town. I recently spent too large a percentage of my weekly income on a designer sweater (an ivory-colored one, I know, big mistake), wore it to a party, was doused with red wine, and now have a designer label dustrag with which to clean my apartment. What gives?

Maybe I'm just more of a Charlotte. She sorta makes sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home