Sunday, November 25

Blackout.

Conversations overheard and/or remembered:

L Train, 9am.

1st Girl: I'm trying not to be so Buy-Buy-Buy.
2nd Girl: I know what you mean.
1st Girl: I'm trying to have savings. I mean, I have some savings. By accident.
2nd Girl: [laughs]
1st Girl: No, literally. I was in an accident.

***

Amtrak, noon-ish.

Sean: What did I do wrong today?
Sean's Future Ex: You got so frustrated this morning when all I wanted to do was sleep a little more.
Sean: You wanted a toasted bran muffin.
Sean's Future Ex: You could have been making it and LETTING ME SLEEP.

***

Fort Greene, evening.

Liz: ...Prague.
Adam: Prague. Maybe that's where I should go on vacation. I've heard it's cheap and arty.
Liz: That was, like, ten years ago.
Adam: True.
Liz: Didn't we see a play about that?
Adam: About Prague?
Liz: Not about Prague. Something about AIDS, a guy from Rent...
Adam: Wha?
Liz: And a girl.
Adam: I have no memory of this. It took place in Prague?
Liz: Maybe it was Amsterdam. But they talked about Prague.
Adam: Are you sure this wasn't a novel?
Liz: Yes.
Adam: ...
Liz: ...
Adam: ...
Adam: ...
Liz: We were in the West Village.
Adam: Ohhhhhh...Red Light Winter...
Liz: Red Light Winter.
Adam: That was Amsterdam.
Liz: But there was a line about Prague being passe.
Adam: I don't remember.
Liz: You remember the play though? I'm not crazy?
Adam: Yeah yeah yeah, they all give each other AIDS at the end, blackout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home