Sunday, October 21

Pluses and minuses.

Pluses:

The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy. I just finished this fun, knock-your-socks-off little book from the 1950s, recently reissued. Sally Jay Gorce is perhaps the most dynamo narrator I've come across since reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time a few years back.

Pushing Daisies on ABC. If you can get past the fact that every episode is basically an hour-long Walgreens commercial (seriously, is it the same narrator?), it's really a charming show. I like it, which means it will be canceled very soon.

Minuses:

Being sick. I've been laid up with a fever/sore throat/stuffy nose/general unpleasantness which refuses to go away. Today I could barely speak, and when I can't speak, I can't write, because I always sing when I write, which is a problem, because I have much to do. Also, today, I had bought two -- yes, two! -- tickets to shows (I never buy tickets to shows) which I had to skip out on because I was immobilized with illness. So I missed I Love a Piano, an Irving Berlin revue a friend of mine is conducting, and Ivo van Hove's The Misanthrope at New York Theatre Workshop, which I was really looking forward to. I may even have to drop another $20 to see it before it goes away. Damn germs.

Well, wasn't that interesting. Aren't you glad you stopped by to read all about my glamourous life? ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home