Friday, October 7

Return of the Blogging Dead

So, I Googled something this morning that, uncannily, led me back to an old blog post of mine. And suddenly, I remembered:

I had a blog!

A blog seems like something from a bygone era these days, and, sure enough, sifting through some of my old posts reveals such timeless cultural references as MySpace and Blackberries and my being in my 20s.

It also made me, strangely, miss having a blog. Yeah, now I tweet and do the social media thing to the degree with which I can summon the energy. But there was something gratifying about the longform-ness of blogging, of shaping some mundane experience into a story with a beginning, middle, and end.

I also see how so much of what I wrote -- i.e., what was on my mind -- made its way into the shows I was writing at the time. Tilling the soil makes for fertile ground, I guess.

So here I am, again, and maybe this will be the start of a Blogging Renaissance here at Going...Going...Gwon. It's been nearly 6 years since my last post, and a decade (?!?) since my first one. The world's different. I'm different. Who knows what this will be or if I'll manage to keep it up with any regularity.

But, like all things I've eventually liked a lot, I'm starting this just for me. Not gonna publicize or promote it via other channels. Maybe Google will bring it to peoples' eyes, maybe not.

Welcome back, blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home